The Brockport Symphony Orchestra was founded in 2010 by Jonathan Allentoff and Dr. William Hullfish.
This year marks the 12th season of our innovative & inspiring orchestra
dedicated to sharing the joy of music with our community.
Why is the Brockport Symphony Orchestra the most exciting community orchestra in Western New York?
1. Our orchestra is comprised of students, educators, community players, and professional musicians who share a love of music. Our players participate in meaningful musical experiences that last a lifetime. We work together as a team to create inspiring performances with our award-winning instrumental instruction!
2. Our orchestra performs a wide range of repertoire including classics, pops, folk music, orchestral/choral masterpieces, film scores, music with dance, and new tuneful works. Many of the works performed are custom arrangements, manuscript restorations, or new compositions, and we enjoy presenting world premiere performances in every concert season.
3. Our orchestra collaborates with local and national soloists, ensembles, and arts organizations to create dynamic and interdisciplinary productions. We perform in superb venues across Western New York, including Brockport's historic Morgan-Manning House, First Presbyterian Church of Brockport, St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Temple Beth El, The Clover Center for the Arts, Twelve Corners Presbyterian Church, Cosgrove Performing Arts Center, the Rochester Museum & Science Center, The Mall at Greece Ridge, and Rochester's award-winning Hochstein Performance Hall. We recently returned from our Holiday and Empire State Concert Tours to the Livingston County Auditorium in Mt. Morris and our Erie Canal Bicentennial Tour to the Empire State Plaza in Albany, and we will be planning another concert tour soon! In addition, we love sharing our programs with the residents and families at Brookdale Brockport.
4. Our orchestra is supported by The Village of Brockport with funds from the Statewide Community Regrants Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature and administered by Genesee Valley Council on the Arts. Together, we invest in superior rehearsal and concert locations, an extensive music library including new custom compositions & arrangements, beautiful color printed programs, and marketing & public relations. In addition, the orchestra has access to the resources of the GPAS Greece Community Orchestra and Brighton Symphony Orchestra through Allentoff's leadership positions in those organizations.
5. Our orchestra partners with the Village of Brockport, Brockport Food Shelf, Brookdale Brockport, and the Golisano Foundation to make a positive difference in our community! We are delighted to collect food items and monetary donations for the Brockport Food Shelf at our performances.