Photo: Bassoon soloist Meg Walters & the Brockport Symphony Orchestra in its inaugural season (2010-2011)
The Brockport Symphony Orchestra was founded in 2010 by Jonathan Allentoff and Dr. William Hullfish. This year marks the seventh season of our innovative & inspiring orchestra dedicated to sharing the joy of music with our community.
Why is the Brockport Symphony Orchestra the most exciting community orchestra in Western New York?
1. Our orchestra is comprised of students, community players, and professional musicians who share a love of music. We work together to create inspiring performances!
2. Our orchestra performs a wide range of repertoire including classics, pops, folk music, orchestral/choral masterpieces, film scores, music with dance, and new tuneful works. Many of the works performed are custom arrangements, manuscript restorations, or new compositions, and we enjoy presenting world premiere performances in every concert season.
3. Our orchestra collaborates with local and national soloists, ensembles, and arts organizations to create dynamic & interdisciplinary productions. We perform in beautiful venues including St. Luke's Episcopal Church, The Mall at Greece Ridge, and Rochester's historic Hochstein Performance Hall, in addition to sharing our music with the residents at Emeritus at Landing of Brockport.
4. Our orchestra invests in superb rehearsal and concert venues, an extensive music library including new custom compositions & arrangements, beautiful color printed programs, and marketing & public relations. In addition, the orchestra has access to the resources of the GPAS Greece Community Orchestra and Brighton Symphony Orchestra through Jonathan's leadership positions in those organizations.
5. Our orchestra partners with the Brockport Ecumenical Food Shelf and the Golisano Foundation to make a positive difference in our community!